Installation Guide › AreaSelector › US States › PHP & MySQL
Flashmaps evaluation packs give you an in-depth view of our products prior to purchase. Not only can you see how our maps work from the users’ perspective, but you can also have a look behind the scenes to understand how our products are configured.
Please note that our evaluation packs are intended for web developers or designers with some web development knowledge. For example, a web server exposed as localhost is required to install and run any of our evaluation packs. If you don’t have this option, you can always View this Evaluation Pack Online without installing it. You may also want to ask our team to show you client projects in your industry or samples similar to the project you have in mind. Feel free to call us at 1-866-392-0071.
Before getting started, please make sure you fulfill the installation requirements:
- A web server exposed as localhost.
- PHP 5 or higher.
- MySQL 4 or higher.
- A database management tool to import the sample database into your MySQL.
Ok, once you are sure you have everything you need, please follow these simple steps:
- Download the zip file from the provided URL.
- Extract the content to the default local web server path, normally ‘c:\inetpub\wwwroot’. A new folder will be created there with the name of the evaluation pack, like for example ‘fm_eval_as_us_states_php_mysql’.
- Import the sample database into your MySQL
- Open your database management tool. For example, Navicat.
- Create a new database with name of the folder that was created when you extracted the evaluation pack, like for example ‘fm_eval_as_us_states_php_mysql.sql’.
- Right click on the new database and select ‘Execute SQL File’.
- Select the file to import, which should be in the folder ‘flashmaps/database/’ and should have the extension ‘.sql’. Then click ‘Start’ button.
- Once the sample database has been imported, exit your database management tool.
- Now you want to set the credentials for the map to access the new database. Edit the file ‘flashmaps/include/fmDB.php’ and set the server, database, user and password to access your database.
- You are now almost done. Just test everything is fine by opening in your browser the page as_basic.html in the path just created when you uncompressed the zip file, like for example: http://localhost/fm_eval_as_us_states_php_mysql/as_basic.html.